Tuesday 10 June 2014

Getting there... slowly

Great news, ordered and received most of the stuff needed for the new pc...

Up to now I got:
Mini ATX Case;
650W Gold PSU
i7 4790 cpu (a beauty)
AMD R9 270x from Saphire
and a 1150 mobo from Gigabyte...

the problem is the RAM...I was sent the wrong type... so it will take a bit longer until I finish it, as refunds/returns procedures needs to be performed.

And... of course I couldn`t stay away from my little stadium :) so I went on a little bit still working on the laptop. The problem is I was more busy at work, so I arrive quite exhausted, but here we go, latest changes:

- changed the field, added different texture and space for the bloody olympic track... by the way not a common olympic track as it has only 6 lanes.. whatever :) so is narrower than a normal 9 lanes track
- painted the rows and added stairs
- created some access stairs and some metal separators or dividers or ... whatever.. bars for the stairs
- connected the stand with the curve and also connected the left side of the stand with its right one
- added metal dividers for the stand
- and for connectors (really a pain manipulating rounded objects...) and also raised the margin that separates the pitch+ track from the spectator area.. I plan to add a fence on it later
- so this is how it looks now 

And this is how it would look like if it was symmetrical... it`s not going to be like this, but only to have an idea... it`s getting better.



I`ve been back and forward with the curved part... it is quite difficult, but I took time and simplified the lines as using "follow me" created too many vertices. So now it`s made up of only a few segments, lower fidelity, but not noticeable.
Also very difficult to create the actual rooms in the curve... the program starts to give me problems... but I`ll be patient and solve them... but will spend more time on that, or leave it for the end.
So basically what is done here is only half of the main stand and half of a curve (a J shape multiplied by 4)

I`ll have a break from this until I create my pc.
It`s getting more and more annoying when I select all the components and I have to perform translations or rotations on them. Losing my patience...

Also I have been very very busy lately with the work... so I`ll cool down for the moment seeing the fact that I virtually have no deadline for this...
Of course I`m just saying that, but the enthusiasm and the will to see this stadium taking shape is pushing me forward. So I don`t really know when I`ll return :)




No comments:

Post a Comment